Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ellie goes home

We’ve been on the road now for over three months, and Ellie just became overwhelmed with homesickness. She missed her school friends badly and apart from her friends at Greenbelt, she has hardly spoken to a teenager since July. Whilst I can act like a teenager at times, it’s not the same thing!

So she made the decision to return home to Canberra in time for the start of Term 4, and will try to pick up on her missing school work. She’ll be living with her Dad and playing baseball with her sister Miki, which she is really excited about.

So on Monday 4th October I put her on a plane at Islamabad, bound for Bangkok, with a connecting flight to Sydney, where her father and sisters will collect her at the airport.

Hopefully, I’ll get to see her again sometime soon, but it won’t be for at least 4 months, if not longer.

The main purpose of visiting Pakistan was to see my sister Noni, who lived in Rawalpindi, but sadly she had problems with her visa and had to leave. Although she tried a few angles, she was unable to return and her absence was only confirmed a few days before we arrived in Rawalpindi. I also wanted to catch up with Arif, a work colleague whom I had met in Canberra at the ANU, but have been unable to contact since we arrived.

With Ellie and Noni gone, and Arif unable to be contacted, I don’t really know anyone in Pakistan, so I’ll go looking for my ancestors. I think they’re still in the ground somewhere around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment